< Join the Team >
Please see the details below on how to apply to join Team Fringe as a Festival Assistant or a Festival Technician.
Festival Assistants 2014:
Prague Fringe Festival is seeking a team of International and Prague based volunteers to work as Festival Assistants and deliver the 13th Anniversary Festival!
So what does working as a Festival Assistant involve?
We need energetic, creative, organised and adventurous people to promote the festival, sell tickets, duty manage venues, deliver top customer service and assist visiting companies from around the globe.
When is the festival and when are Festival Assistants required?
The festival starts on 23 May and runs until 31 May 2014. Before the festival officially opens however there is a lot to do to ensure all venues are set up, companies have arrived and settled into venues, print has been distributed, all Festival Assistants have been trained and are familiar with the venues and much more.
As such all Festival Assistants need to be in Prague by mid-afternoon on Wednesday 21 May ready to take part in compulsory training on Thursday 22 May and begin work at the festival on Friday 23 May until Saturday 31 May inclusive. Festival Assistants usually depart on either Sunday 1 or Monday 2 June.
So what is the deal?
The Festival will provide:
- Free shared accommodation for 12 nights in Prague (excluding Prague based assistants)
- An opportunity to see some fantastic international performances for free
(dance, theatre, live art, music, performance poetry etc)
- An opportunity to develop strong skills in festival, arts and events management
- A great addition to your CV
- Free time to explore Prague
- A taste of the best bars, bagels and off the beaten track attractions
- Good company throughout the day and well into the early hours of the morning
- Airport transfer to accommodation upon arrival into Prague
- Support, information and guidance for the duration of the festival
- Festival Assistants will provide:
- Supreme customer service skills
- Accurate ticket sales and money dealings
- Responsible management of each venue when you are working and the ability to work well with the team of technicians based there
- Enthusiasm, energy and superb organisational abilities
- Patient, calm and constructive thinking
- Linguistic abilities and knowledge of the local area (Prague Based Festival Assistants)
- Your beautiful faces and smiles to sell lots and lots of tickets at each venue throughout the day
- Transport to Prague (all assistants must be in Prague by mid-afternoon of Wednesday 21 May 2014)
- Transport while in Prague
- Food and drink for the duration of the festival
Festival Assistants work across a variety of venues from the afternoon until late evening and take it in turns to see the various performances whilst on duty. Festival Assistants will also be required to take part in promotional duties. It is great fun and a great place to meet companies, make contacts and have an adventure in Prague.
For a full job description please click here.
How do I become a Festival Assistant?
To apply, simply complete the 2014 Festival Assistant Application Form and submit it. We'll be in touch in the winter to let you know if your application has been successful.
If you are interested in more information about becoming a Fringe Venue Technician for the 2014 festival, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org